This competition, to be held at the Karting Competition SA track in Magaluf, is focused primarily on kart drivers who enjoy the sport as amateurs but have a good driving level, without the intention of competing in major championships.
Mechanical equality is our highest value. Since the karts are all equal this allows us to keep costs at an economical level. The karts are BIREL / ROTAX 2015 of the Senior category with red MG tyres, materials of the highest level.
Drivers who wish to participate in this competition must be over 18 years old and have an acceptable driving level as well as some experience in kart racing. If they are under 18 and at least 15, the possibility of participation will be considered.
The races are organised by GO KART CLUB, a sports club with over 20 years of experience in this type of event.
The club has an AMB timing system plus everything needed for the perfect functioning the races.
The cost per participating team is €3,200.00 and includes the following:
- Complete Kart with ALFANO timing system and used tyres for training
- Registration for the race
- Mechanical assistance and tuning the kart
- Cart with wheels, petrol, oil and kart cover
- Lead for minimum weight, if necessary
- Two sets of new MG red tyres for the race
Each driver will have to leave €1,000 on deposit for breakages of materials, if any, resulting from possible accidents.
Development of the competition:
It will consist of 1 hour of training on Saturday where the best time will qualify for first position, etc., to determine the starting order.
During training every driver on the team must drive for at least 5 min.
The competition will be on Sunday and will consist of 5 hours of driving divided into two runs of 2 and one half hours each. This will allow for the technical stop to change tyres.
The start will be Le Mans style (the driver must run some distance on foot to where the kart waits to start).
The winner is the team with the most laps during the time of the competition. In case there are two or more teams with the same number of laps, the order in which they cross the finish line will determine the winner.
The winning team will receive a check - gift valued at €3,200 for the Mallorca ENDURANCE RACE 2016.
General sporting rules will be based on those governing GO KART CLUB championships organised in recent years.
- No element of the kart may be manipulated without the supervision of the Karting Competition mechanics.
- It is forbidden to modify any setting in the engine and accessories thereof.
- The ring and pinion will be the same for everyone.
- The minimum weight is xxx
- Just one set of red MG tyres per team.
The schedule for the competition is as follows:
Open training - 1 hour
- Race 1 - 2 hours 30 minutes
- Technical stop – Tyre change
- Race 2 - 2 hours 30 minutes
- Presentation of trophies